19 Dundrum Drive, Vera Terrace, Dublin 3
A dynamic and customer focused Retail Assistant with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, proven through more than 20 years experience as a store assistant and store manager, solving customer’s queries, dealing with complaints and providing excellent customer care is looking for a role as an Assistant Retail Manager.
Apr 2007-Present Sales Assistant
No Name Clothes and Accessories Shop, Henry Street, Dublin.
- Provided customer service dealing with customers questions, giving product information and answering all questions and queries in a friendly manner
- Increased sales by guiding customers to special promotions, checking sizes, getting stock from the store room and ensuring that any item removed from the display column was replaced immediately.
- Handled customer’s complaints in a professional and diplomatic way with attention and solving their problems.
- Managed the stock system login, checking, locating and moving stock in and out.
- Established pricing, promotions and markdowns and created attractive displays.
- Operated the cash register, handling credit cards and cash transactions.
Dec 2004-Mar 2007 Sales Assistant
Zara retail Shop, Henry Street, Dublin.
- Dealt with customers in a friendly and polite manner proposing solutions for any difficulties and helping with sizes, assortment colours and materials.
- Assisted customers in the selection and purchase of items helped them making the best choice, following their requirements on quality and good prices.
- Arranged windows displays and in store layouts.
- Maintained all areas in clean and tidy way and adhered to the company’s clear floor policy and health and safety.
Nov 2000- Jul 2003 Sales assistant
Pennys Retail Shop, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
- Advised customers on the location, selection, price, delivery, use and care of goods available in the store with the aim of encouraging them to buy and to return to buy in the future.
- Checked price, stock and display items for sale and kept the store tidy and attractive.
- Operated cash register and packaged goods for customers.
Sep 1998-May 2000 Accommodations assistant
Jurys Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
- Cleaned between 12 to 20 rooms by making beds, removing dirty linens, towels and trash, ensured that the rooms met the correct Room Status Report.
- Applied the rooms cleaning procedure giving special attention to details replacing all amenities in the bathroom, cleaning mirrors, windows, TV and phone, wiping down any surface and furniture such as desk dresser, nightstand, lamps and headboards
- Checked and replaced Mini bar items following Mini bar Procedure and replaced all items provided by the hotel such as laundry bags and do not disturb signs.
- Maintained a friendly and approachable attitude with guests and staff and labelled and submitted all lost and found items.
Dec 1990-Apr 1997 Co owner- Branch Manager
Dovelos Supermarket, Samos, Greece
- Responsible for welcoming customers to the store, helping them in all queries and questions and supported the store in meeting its sales targets by recommending products to customers.
- Ensured the correct display, cleanliness and tidiness of merchandises and promotions.
- Resolved customer’s complaints in a sensitive and polite manner.
- Recommended additional products to customers.
- Handled multiple priorities accepting deliveries and processing them, helped with all areas of security and stock management.
- Operated cash register and package for customers.
- Diploma in Tourism, Tallaght Institute of Technology, Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Leaving Certificate, Tallaght Girls School, Tallaght, Dublin 24
INTERESTS and HOBBIES
- Volunteer with Suas, having spent 3 months in Calcutta India in an orphanage supporting children and playing with them.
- Volleyball, member of Ballybough Women’s Volleyball team.
- Dancing- currently attending weekly salsa classes.
REFERENCES available on request