Flat 3 James’ Street, Fariview, Dublin 3
086 34 65 013
A friendly , customer focused and responsible person with vast experience working in retail in a variety of roles i.e. sales assistant , real estate agent , deli assistant and assistant manager with excellent communication and teamwork skills is looking for a role as a Customer Service agent.
Apr 2005-Present Assistant Manager
Gala Convenience Store, Ballyfermot Dublin 12.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the shop i.e. making sure that the shop was fully stocked, checked all invoices thoroughly so that products were not missing or overpriced.
- Trained staff and encouraged them to maintain an excellent customer service at all times.
- Dealt with customer complaints in a friendly and polite way.
- Informed staff about new promotions, new products or new prices in order for them to pass this information onto the customer.
- Communicated with suppliers for new orders or for negotiating prices.
- Rearranged shelves and expiration dates on products daily, ensuring all products were rotated.
- Planned the work schedule and delegated to staff day to day assignments i.e. to organising the stock area, to maintain the shop in top condition and constantly motivating them to achieve monthly sales targets.
- Supervised the closing procedures i.e. cash register, return of the press i.e. newspapers and magazines
Jun 2003-Feb 2005 Assistant Manager
Battery World Ballyfermot, Dublin 12.
- Oversaw staff and verified that customer service was of the highest standards i.e. greeting the customers, helping the customers according to their needs, making sure that no customer was mistreated or no customer left the store unsatisfied.
- Trained new staff and made sure that all communication was effective, positive and supportive.
- Delegated tasks to staff e. to up-sell products or to distribute flyers.
- Compiled all documents i.e. stock control, ordering and margins, cash register in accordance with required procedures for the head offices.
Sales Assistant (later promoted to Shop Manager)
- Provided customer service fast, efficiently always in a polite and friendly way.
- Operated the cash register and computer i.e. handling money and giving change back, entering new codes for products making sure that the description of the products and the stock numbers were correct accordingly to the invoice.
- Advised customers on the best batteries according to their needs and budget.
- Worked with others members of the team in order to maintain the shop in a clean and tidy way
- Performed daily checks that the batteries were available in the correct category
- Demonstrated up-selling techniques and increased sales by calling regular customers and letting them know of special offers.
Jan 2001-Mar 2003 Deli Assistant
Dunnes Stores, Drumcondra, Dublin Ireland
- Served customers by preparing rolls, wraps and pizzas according to their needs.
- Adhered to all HACCP procedures and regulations as instructed by Deli Manager.
- Presented promotions to customers.
- Rotated products and made sure that they had sufficient life remaining so that the loss to the Deli was kept to minimum.
- Compiled the daily reports. Made sure that they were properly filled and signed.
06/2000-11/2000 Sales Assistant
Vodafone, Jobstown, Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Operated the cash register and computer. Accepted money from customers and gave them change back
- Completed new connection applications for either personal or cooperative accounts
- Demonstrated the various phones for customers and informed them of the special features of each phone.
- Ensured that all administrative procedures i.e. forms and new connections were carefully completed in order to achieve a successful connection/sale for the customer.
06/2000-01/1993 Sales Assistant
Hickeys fabrics, Henry Street, Dublin 1
- Measured and cut fabric according to the clients needs
- Advised customers on various fabrics and patterns
1987-1990 Ballyfermot Secondary School, Ballyfermot, Dublin 12
Successfully completed the leaving certificate
- Computer programs – Microsoft Word, excel and PowerPoint
- Driving (full clean EU driver’s license)
- Typing- 60wpm.
Hobbies and interests
- Hiking – especially in the Wicklow mountains, member of the ‘Get up and Go’ hill walking group.
- Interior design – Making curtains and cushions and refurbishing furniture
- Swimming twice a week- member of the Jackie Skelly Gym Ballyfermot
References are available upon request.