Why did you leave your last job?
- Never say you left your job for a negative reason, such as not getting on with the staff or because of the salary. If the reason was negative try and focus on something positive i.e. I wanted a new opportunity / I wanted to return to education.
- Try to give answers such as: I left because I wanted to move to Ireland to improve my English and gain more skills.
- I left because it was contract work and the contract was not renewable.
- I left because I wanted to do further training.
- Due to the recession many people were let go
- Finish by saying something positive e.g. I learned a lot in that position and developed skills in relation to _____-_________-____________. Which I would like to bring to your company.
I left my last job as a sales assistant because it was temporary contact however I learned a lot about professional customer service and merchandising products and I would like to bring that knowledge and experience to your company.