If you are applying for a customer service job, these tops will ensure that you are well prepared and will ace the interview.
What is customer service?
Keeping the customer happy is the main role of a customer service agent. As you are usually the first point of contact, how you present yourself and your overall attitude is always remembered. It will be your job to build positive relationships with them, making sure that their experience with the company is a confident one and in doing so the overall reputation of the company is increased.
What can be asked in an interview for a customer service job?
These questions will follow along the lines of competency based interview questions where the interviewer tries to find out your skill level and what you would do and have done in certain situations relating to the customer service job. Below are some of the possible customer service interview questions you may be asked
Possible Customer Service Interview Questions
- What would you do if you had multiple tasks to complete in a limited time frame?
- What do you know about ticketing systems?
- How well do you work under pressure?
- Do you work well within a team?
- How would you deal with an angry client/customer?
- Give me an example of when you went the extra mile for a customer?
- How would you solve a problem creatively or in a creative way?
- If you had to decline an urgent request from a client what would you do?
- What targets did you deal with in the past and what where their results?
- Why should we hire you for this Customer Service Role?
The majority of these questions are competency based so always give an example, whether the interviewer asked for one or not. When in doubt give an example. The reason for this being, the employer wants to see how you have previously handled such a situation, so now is your time to shine, show them what you’ve got.